Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Good news....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Good news....

    Food City has started carrying Kay's Ice Cream. I hadn't had that stuff or even seen it since I was a kid. I was in Jefferson City one time and saw a Kay's Ice Cream store. We had a little country store about a mile from my house when I was growing up and we'd always go up there and get the little Dixie Cups of ice cream that had like vanilla ice cream with chocolate and strawberry syrup in them. I got two half gallons, Strawberry Cheesecake and Blueberry Cream Pie. The later is very good. I hope it's something Food City keeps stocking.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    Should you be eating ice cream (or as s cream)? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    I'm eating for two. Me and the gut.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Good news....

    I thought most all stores have been carrying KAYS ice cream?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    What ever happened to Rich & Creamy ice cream? Larges's Grocery the store you mentioned Herb? Not many country stores left. Stanley's and Vanover Supply.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    Nope. I was an ice cream man for almost a decade until February. It hasn't been in the area as far as I know. Now, maybe you mean they've (Food City) been carrying it for a while now, maybe they have and I just haven't noticed in in the past few months. I know that the BSG store hasn't had it. They didn't even have it worked into their set. They had a display in one door of an endcap.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    Yep. It was Large's. They closed down a couple of months ago. The health department made them close because they didn't have running water. I don't know why that really mattered since they didn't fix food. They just sold bread, pop, milk, that sort of thing.

    As far as Rich & Creamy. I think that was Flav O Rich. I think they just dropped the name and started going by their own name. I never dealt with it while I worked at Flav O Rich.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    Ever go into Stanley's and have a sandwich? Just look around? He has alot of old stuff.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    He's my mom's cousin. I used to go down there and pick up horse and chicken feed for my mom and dad. I've probably not been in there in over 10 years.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good news....

    His boy Jeff owns it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •